Sunday, November 18, 2007

Children

There's a routine I do on Sunday mornings to ensure that Nat comes to church with me instead of opting to stay home with dad. He won't force her so if she voices her decision, that's it. She's home. So if I get to her first and can get her psyched to go, then she's with me. This morning it didn't work out and she decided she wanted to stay home. I did manage to get her alone and talk her into going, thank goodness. It was a good day for her to be at church because I'd been asked to help out in nursery.

During the few minutes between when she'd decided to stay vs. go, I was left in a dilemma. For so many months, I've almost been taking for granted that she'll come with me to church. I'd almost forgotten that that's one of the main reasons I'm going at all was to teach her and give her a good foundation. It suddenly became VERY clear why I needed to be diligent and strong. For her!

I needed that!

In the end, it was a great day. The nursery leaders have been taking the older nursery kids into Primary Opening Exercises to get them ready for the change at the first of the year. It was good to see what we're working toward.

It was a great wake-up call!

No comments: