Sunday, November 4, 2007

Family History

One of the ways I've been able to make some sense out of coming back into the church was to do family history. It is very therapeutic. I'm answering questions about who I am, how I've become who I am (because of traits of ancestors), and discovering that strength is a family characteristic.

I've got many lines in my family that were never members of the LDS church and therefore, do not have any genealogy done. I've spent many hours in the past year and a half working on finding out who these people were. And the more I do, the more obsessed I become.

I took my first disc of names to the temple about 5 months ago, got all of the little blue & pink cards to submit...and then promptly lost them. I am tearing my hair out trying to find them. I'm not a disorganized person at all! I've prayed to find them and looked everywhere but they are nowhere! Someone told me that Satan doesn't want them found, and I'm sure that's the truth. What's eating me up is that one of the names was the single person that got me interested in doing the work in the first place, and I can feel her restlessness as I search for the little cards.

I plan to go to the temple this Wednesday and if I haven't found them by then (which is unlikely because it's already been 5 months), then I think I'll go back in and reconfigure my PAF file so I can take another disc up there. It's a lot of work but it will be worth it. I just wish I could find that envelope!

No comments: