Monday, January 26, 2009

Family Home Evening

I've felt prompted so much lately to have a consistent FHE with my daughter. She's only four but I can understand why the prompting is there when I have the lessons with her. She's at such a wonderful age and loves all of the cheesy activities I concoct and loves to learn so much! I can just see her little sponge brain sucking up all of the things I'm telling her and I know it's getting through. I know that I am contributing to a large extent to her foundation of knowledge and hope that I can continue teaching her while this stage is still here. I know this is where the testimony starts - at this age and I'm doing my part to help establish that. I'm so grateful that the prophets have instructed us to have FHE because I really feel like I'm doing something that will really benefit her.

Did you realize how many great FHE resource web-sites there are out there? Just doing a very cursory search brought up so many hits with lessons practically planned for you - all you need to do is personalize them and add a snack to them. They're great!

1 comment:

Pokemon said...

I just stumbled across your blog and it is wonderul.

I loved this post as well. I have noticed that even with my almost two year old that Family Home Evening and scripture study have created a small but wonderful foundation in him.

I also read your little history on the side and wondered if you would be willing to allow me to post your conversion story and/or testimony on one of my blogs. I could either just copy and paste what you already wrote or you can write a more detailed account.

You can check out my blogs here:
www.becominglds.blogspot.com

www.becomingldstestimonies.blogspot.com

www.becomingldsconversionstories.blogspot.com

If you would be willing please email me at becominglds@yahoo.com I think that conversion stories and testimonies can be great for investigators, inactive members, and active members to feel a sense of support and understanding.

Once again, you are doing a great job on your blog. Keep it up.