Thursday, January 10, 2008

My Testimony

I've gone on and on on this blog about my experiences; I've shared a lot of how I feel, what's come about in my life and I've gone into detail about various aspects of living as a mormon, and the blessings I receive as I try to live the way God has asked us to.

But I've never shared my testimony. Here. And now I think it's time.

I don't know who will read this but I hope that whoever does, it will touch and you will understand that what I have is holy. What I have is something I have worked hard to get. It was not free. I do not take it for granted. It is not a cheap possession. It is valued more than any other thing I have because without it, I literally would have nothing - and that is literal.

I believe in God. He is a sweet man who has a hug that feels like your insides will fly apart out of sheer joy. I believe he wept when he told his son that a sacrifice was necessary. I believe in Jesus. I believe that in Gethsemane he endured every single temptation we have ever bore. And he withstood them. And for that I can't even express my gratitude. Because if he had succumbed, the balance would have tipped and we would have fallen off the scale.

I believe in fasting. Fasting, for me, is one of the greatest blessings ever given to us. I have received so many miracles, yes miracles, from fasting that I can't even begin to describe how wonderful it feels to fast. I love it. I love how close I feel to Him, and I can feel him comforting me. I can. I promise. I have fasted a lot and it's where my strongest testimony lies. If I'm ever in need, ever in doubt...if I ever need more...I fast and I receive. It's that simple.

I believe in The Promise. There's something awesome waiting for us. He's asked some hard things from us, yes. But if I can receive all I do from just not eating for 24 hours, then what am I going to receive from doing all he asks for my whole life? It's inconceiveable. I believe it. I want it, whatever it is. I have a feeling of surety inside of me that can't be torn down. No one can convince me - I would live in hell for my whole life to have what I know is waiting. I'm that sure.

I can't be swayed. The most important person in my life tries to sway me everyday and can't. That should tell you something. I know where I'm headed. I have eyes set forward, my feet are on the road and a steady hand guides my every move. I know where I'm headed. Do you?

4 comments:

Clifford said...

It takes courage to do what you have done, to come back after being away.

Perhaps someday your persistent, loving example will draw your husband back, too.

Calamity Jane said...

When I read things like this I want to yell -- whhooohooo the gospel is true!!! I love your testimony. I love that you can't be swayed.

Thanks for sharing!

craig collette said...

Thanks for your thoughts. God Bless!

Anonymous said...

This is one hard thing for me to do right now. Someone told me it is because it is too fresh of an experience and maybe it is true, or maybe it is just for another stupid reason. Thanks for sharing it.