Sunday, June 17, 2007

10 Virgins

I've been going back to church long enough to have the lesson of the 10 virgins parable several times. I understand what it means now but each lesson is no less profound for me. Today though I feel like some good information was added to it and I wanted to get it down. Whenever we're talking about the amount of lamp oil the girls have, it is to indicate each virgin's level of preparedness to meet the Savior at the 2nd coming. The parable is to help us understand that we need to be adequately prepared when He comes so that he knows us. Being the personality I am, I so wish it was black & white - that there was a checklist I could carry around so I knew exactly what was expected of me each day in order to "make it". No such luck. I guess I'm not the only person with this problem. That's probably why some other people have said they get scared when they hear this parable.

No comments: