Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Bishop's Call

The Bishop called me this afternoon. He said he'd been thinking a lot about my calling change and hadn't really felt right about it. Funny, that's sort of the way that I felt about it.

We talked for a while about it and he decided that perhaps moving me wasn't what he wanted to do after all. So, I'll be announced AGAIN in sacrament this Sunday and all I asked was that it wouldn't make me look like a petulant child since I really hadn't asked to be re-instated. I didn't make a big deal out of it. I didn't call a single soul and discuss it. I only felt bad inside about it.

Anyway, that's the deal...I'm happy about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,
I found your blog a few weeks ago and have enjoyed reading all your posts. I hope that you continue to post. I just wanted you to know that your blog has helped me. Its opened my eyes and now I want to do more. My husband is also inactive...I had become lazy in my spiritual life. Now I want to improve myself, my relationship with my Savior. Thank you for inspiring me. I fasted today because of your words and enjoyed watching conference (well some of it). Keep posting because you are making a difference. Its good to know that we aren't alone. Thanks.

Amy said...

I'm glad you're enjoying my blog. I've always hoped that it would help others like me. I often go back and read my posts and it strengthens me as well. I encourage you to make a blog as well! We'll always have good and less than good times where we struggle. I liked how you said "lazy in my spiritual life" because I think that's where I go a lot too. It's so easy to be lazy and so hard to do what's right all of the time.

Anyway, thank you for stopping by. I'll keep blogging if you keep checking me out.

Take care.

Amy